Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Salmonella testing and some morning pictures

日本語。

We had our hens' eggs tested for salmonella and we finally got the result, so here it is.



The result was negative, that is, no salmonella bacteria was found.
It's quite obvious but anyway: our eggs are safe.

In Japan, salmonella testing of unprocessed eggs (in the shell) is not mandatory but many producers still have their eggs tested. We do the same because however low the risk, producing food is huge responsibility and we take it seriously.

To make this post more interesting, here are photos of our flock this morning.

Hello!

Hens, roosters and the rising sun.

Can I jump on your head? (The hen asked me.)

Can I take your picture? (I asked the hen.)

Yes, but only if I can jump on your head. (The hen replied and we made a deal.)

Our frontyard flock. 


Some sweets for us? (Hens were curious.)
One step closer and I'll peck your leg to death. (Rooster gave me menacing look)


No comments:

Post a Comment